In The Box
- (1) E-flite® UMX™ P-51D Voodoo
- (1) Brushless Outrunner Motor (installed)
- (4) Linear Servos (installed)
- (1) Spektrum Receiver with (1) Brushless ESC (installed)
- (1) Product Manual
Needed to Complete
- (1) Full-range 5+ Channel Spektrum™ DSMX®/DSM2® Compatible Transmitter
- (1) 2S 7.4V or 3S 11.1V 280–300mAh LiPo with JST-RCY Connector
- (1) Compatible LiPo Charger
The P-51D-25-NA (original serial number 44-73415) was built in 1944 by North American Aviation at Inglewood, California, for the United States Army. After passing into private ownership in 1958, it first raced at the Reno Air Races as #55 “Pegasus.” It was renamed Voodoo and flew in the 1998 Reno Air Races. It won the Unlimited Class in 2013, 2014, and 2016 and is now part of the Planes of Fame Air Museum collection in Chino, California. The E-flite® UMX™ P-51D Voodoo replicates the famous racer with striking detail, impressive handling, and outstanding performance. The 2S and 3S compatible power system plus exclusive Spektrum™ AS3X® and SAFE® Select technologies make for an incomparable Voodoo flying experience.
- The most affordable, convenient, and easiest-to-fly P-51 racer model yet
- More powerful 2S and 3S-compatible ESC and motor with 4-blade prop
- Works with the Spektrum™ DXS transmitter included with many RTF models
- Real-time battery voltage telemetry with compatible Spektrum transmitters
- Spektrum receiver with industry-leading 2.4GHz DSMX® technology
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X® technology
- Easier to fly with optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- Completely factory-assembled and ready to fly right out of the box
- Factory-finished with the unique and iconic Voodoo trim scheme
- Optional-use fixed landing gear with a steerable tailwheel
- 4-channel control for full aerobatic capability
The P-51D Mustang is one of the most popular and iconic fighter aircraft of all time! Its unique design resulted in it delivering some of the best performance among all fighter aircraft flown in WWII. Because of that incredible performance, even today, many P-51s are still being flown in airshows and air races around the world. “Voodoo” is a modified P-51D Mustang that won the Unlimited Class at the Reno Air Races in 2013, 2014, and 2016. Its unique trim scheme is highly recognizable yet is rarely replicated on RC models. The E-flite® UMX™ P-51D Voodoo is an ultra-micro version of the famous racer based on an updated and upgraded version of the original UMX P-51D BL that’s even easier and more fun to fly than ever before! It’s now equipped with optional-use SAFE® Select, is 2S and 3S-compatible, and provides real-time battery voltage telemetry to compatible transmitters. Because of its ultra-micro size, the UMX Voodoo can be flown in more places and smaller spaces, including many yards, parks, and sports fields! The fixed landing gear with a steerable tailwheel makes it easy to taxi, takeoff from, and land on smooth surfaces, or you can leave the landing gear off for more speed and vertical performance with easy hand launches over and landings on grass. It’s the most affordable, convenient, and easiest-to-fly replica of a P-51 racer yet!
This UMX™ P-51D Voodoo features exclusive Spektrum™ AS3X® and SAFE® Select technologies. AS3X works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence to deliver a locked-in feel that makes it seem like you’re flying a much larger airplane. Optional-use SAFE Select offers pitch and bank angle limits and automatic self-leveling that can be turned on and off at the flip of a switch to make this the easiest to fly P-51 racer yet!
Bind-N-Fly Completion Level Advantage
Already own a Spektrum™ transmitter? Bind-N-Fly (BNF) aircraft make getting into the air quickly and with the best control experience possible easier than ever. They come out of the box with the power system, servos, and a Spektrum 2.4GHz receiver installed, so all you need to do is bind the receiver to a compatible transmitter, finish any final assembly, and fly!
The UMX P-51D Voodoo is equipped with a control unit/flight controller that includes an ESC and Spektrum receiver that provides real-time flight battery voltage telemetry to compatible Spektrum AirWare equipped transmitters (including the DX6e and 8e, DX6 G2/G3 and 8 G2, the DX9, NX6, 8 and 10, the iX12, iX20, and others) while you fly.
The factory-installed brushless power system features a 2S and 3S-compatible outrunner motor. This upgraded power system setup delivers similar performance to the original when flown with 2S 280–300mAh batteries (a suitable JST-RCY to JST-PH adapter is required), or it’s one of the fastest UMX models ever and has unlimited vertical performance when it’s flown with 3S 300mAh batteries!
The UMX P-51D Voodoo arrives 100% factory-assembled and ready to fly right out of the box! It’s equipped with industry-leading Spektrum 2.4GHz technology that binds to your 5+ channel DSMX/DSM2 equipped transmitter so you can be flying within minutes of opening the box.
You can use the included fixed landing gear – with a steerable tailwheel mounted in the scale location – to taxi, take off, and land on smooth surfaces. Or you can leave the landing gear off for more speed and vertical performance when hand launching over and landing on grass.
Construction with advanced EPS material delivers a lightweight yet durable airframe. In the unfortunate event you damage any airframe parts or components and can’t repair them, a full line of replacement/spare parts is readily available.
Bind-N-Fly Completion Level AdvantageAlready own a Spektrum™ transmitter? Bind-N-Fly (BNF) aircraft make getting into the air quickly and with the best control experience possible easier than ever. They come out of the box with the power system, servos and a Spektrum 2.4GHz receiver installed so all you need to do is bind the receiver to a compatible transmitter, finish any final assembly and fly!
This Bind-N-Fly Basic model is equipped with a Spektrum 2.4GHz DSMX® receiver featuring AS3X® (Artificial Stabilization–3-aXis) technology that works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence so you enjoy a sense of stability and precision that makes it feel like you’re flying a much larger, expertly tuned aircraft.
If this is your first model of its type, or you want an extra margin of safety while familiarizing yourself with the airplane, you can enable the optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection technology built into the receiver. No programming is required.
With SAFE Select enabled, you get:
Pitch and Bank Angle Limits
- These envelope limits keep the airplane from rolling or pitching upside down. They also prevent excessive climb or dive angles.
- The airplane instantly returns to and holds level flight when the sticks are released and in the center position. It’s also helpful for keeping the wings level during takeoffs/launches and landings.
Easy Switch Assignment—No Complex Programming Required
- The simple procedure for assigning a transmitter switch to turn SAFE Select features on and off doesn’t require any complex programming and takes just a few seconds. For UMX models like this one, SAFE Select is automatically assigned to channel 5 (Gear) so you can turn it on and off with any switch assigned to that channel (switch A by default on most Spektrum computer transmitters).
|Recommended Motor Battery
|3S 300mAh 30C LiPo, JST
|Smart, AS3X and SAFE