In The Box
- (1) E-flite® Beechcraft D18 1.5m
- (1) Spektrum™AR631 6-Channel Receiver (installed)
- (1) Spektrum Avian™ Dual 40A Brushless Smart ESC (installed)
- (2) Brushless Outrunner Motors (installed)
- (6) Digital Servos (installed)
- (1) Product Instruction Manual
Needed to Complete
- (1) Full-range 6–8+ Channel Spektrum™ DSMX®/DSM2® Compatible Transmitter
- (1) 3S 11.1V or 4S 14.8V 3200–5000mAh LiPo with EC3™ or IC3® Connector
- (1) Compatible LiPo Charger
Creation of a Classic
The design of the “Twin Beech” D18 proved so adaptable that Beechcraft Aircraft Corporation eventually produced 32 versions — and more than 9,000 total aircraft — from 1937 to 1969. They served in a wide variety of roles from passenger transport, to mail carrier, and even as a military trainer for navigators and bombardiers. The E-flite® Beechcraft D18 1.5m is the most convenient, well-equipped, and easiest-to-fly scale model of the unique general aviation aircraft yet! Its fully-molded EPO airframe is finished with a classic trim scheme and is outfitted with numerous scale details. Functional features such as LED navigation lights, retractable landing gear, and flaps further increase its realism. The 3S and 4S compatible power system includes an exclusive Spektrum™ Avian™ Dual Smart ESC, and the BNF® Basic version is also equipped with an AR631 receiver to deliver real-time telemetry data along with AS3X® and SAFE® Select technologies. The Beechcraft D18 1.5m turns the aviation classic into a modern-day RC marvel that’s practical for a wide range of pilots to enjoy!
- The most convenient, well-equipped, and easiest-to-fly scale model of the unique general aviation aircraft yet
- Scale replica of the iconic aircraft flown for civilian, airline, utility, cargo, military and other uses
- Functional features including LED navigation lights, flaps, retracts, and twin rudders
- Scale details including a clear cockpit, molded-in panel lines, and more
- Factory-installed 3S and 4S-compatible brushless motors with dual 40-amp ESC
- Fits batteries from 3200-5000mAh to deliver a wide variety of performance and flight times
- 40-amp Spektrum™ Avian™ Dual Smart ESC provides real-time battery voltage, motor RPM, and other data, plus differential thrust capabilities, via compatible transmitters
- Extremely durable, fully-molded EPO airframe
- Spektrum™ AR631 receiver with fly-by range telemetry and industry-leading DSMX® technology
- Easier to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X® technology
- Six durable and precise digital, metal-geared servos with factory-installed linkages
- Electric retracts for operation from a variety of surfaces including grass
- Unique 3-piece wing includes center section with main gear plus all sections feature hands-free connections
- Convenient top hatch with clear canopy, cockpit detail, and a pilot figure
- Classic factory-applied trim scheme with paint and decal finish
From unique aviation classic to modern-day marvel!
The E-flite® Beechcraft D18 1.5m is the best, most convenient, and easiest-to-fly scale model of one of general aviation’s most unique and recognizable aircraft! Its twin brushless power system with specially tuned motors delivers an abundance of thrust when using a 3S LiPo battery. For more speed and vertical performance, just install a 4S pack. No modifications or upgrades are needed! It’s also equipped with an exclusive 40-amp Spektrum™ Avian™ Dual Smart ESC that can provide a variety of real-time power system telemetry data with Smart and non-Smart batteries via compatible receivers (including the AR631 installed in the BNF® Basic version) and Spektrum AirWare™ equipped transmitters. The BNF® Basic version is also the only Twin Beech model equipped with AS3X® and optional-use SAFE® Select technologies to make this the easiest to fly D18 yet! Factory-finished in a classic trim scheme, the lightweight yet durable, composite-reinforced and fully-molded EPO airframe features an abundance of scale detail — molded-in panel lines and hatches, antennas, exhaust stacks, a clear cockpit, and more. Included functional flaps, twin rudders, and LED navigation lights take your experience to another level. Factory-installed electric retracts with durable metal components allow you to fly from a wide variety of surfaces including paved runways, packed dirt, and even grass. The unique 3-piece wing design makes transport and storage as convenient as possible because the center section includes the main gear and all of the sections feature innovative hands-free connections. And because no glue is required for final assembly, you can have the Beechcraft D18 1.5m ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery!
This is the only Beechcraft D18 model equipped with both exclusive Spektrum™ AS3X® and SAFE® Select technologies. AS3X works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence to deliver a locked-in feel that makes it seem like you’re flying a much larger airplane. Optional-use SAFE Select offers pitch and bank angle limits along with automatic self-leveling that can be turned on and off at the flip of a switch, making this the easiest to fly D18 yet! And if you don’t want to enable the SAFE Select features, simply bind the receiver normally and only AS3X will be active.
The Beechcraft D18 1.5m is equipped with an exclusive Spektrum™ Avian™ Dual Smart ESC that can provide a variety of real-time power system related telemetry data including motor RPM, current, battery voltage and more – with Smart and non-Smart batteries – via compatible receivers (including the AR631 installed in the BNF® Basic version) and Spektrum AirWare™ equipped transmitters (including the DX6e and 8e, DX6 G2/3 and 8 G2, the DX9, NX6, 8 and 10, iX12, iX20 and others) while you fly. Plus, differential thrust offers improved ground handling for easier taxiing, takeoffs and landings, along with the ability to perform special aerobatic maneuvers.
Versatile Twin Power
The factory-installed twin brushless power system features a 40-amp Spektrum™ Avian™ Dual Smart ESC plus specially-tuned motors that deliver an abundance of thrust with a 3S LiPo battery, or more speed and vertical performance with a 4S battery without the need for any modifications or upgrades.
Abundant Scale Detail
The lightweight yet durable, composite-reinforced, and fully-molded EPO airframe is equipped with an abundance of scale detail including molded-in panel lines and hatches, antennas, exhaust stacks, a clear cockpit, and more.
Functional Scale Features
Factory-installed LED navigation lights, operational flaps, and twin rudders are functional features that take your experience to another level.
The factory-installed electric retracts are equipped with durable metal components that make it possible to fly from a wider variety of surfaces including paved runways and even grass.
Construction with fully-molded EPO material makes it possible to replicate complex detail and shapes in a lightweight yet durable form. The result is an outstanding scale appearance that’s easy to maintain and delivers the best possible flight experience. Plus, the factory-installed digital, metal-geared servos deliver crisp and precise control at every speed.
The unique 3-piece wing design makes transport and storage as convenient as possible because the center section includes the main gear and all of the sections feature innovative hands-free connections. And the convenient top-mounted hatch makes it quick and easy to install and remove batteries.
No glue is required for final assembly, and you can have the Beechcraft D18 1.5m ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery!
Bind-N-Fly Completion Level AdvantageAlready own a Spektrum™ transmitter? Bind-N-Fly (BNF) aircraft make getting into the air quickly and with the best control experience possible easier than ever. They come out of the box with the power system, servos and a Spektrum 2.4GHz receiver installed so all you need to do is bind the receiver to a compatible transmitter, finish any final assembly, and fly!
This Bind-N-Fly Basic model is equipped with a Spektrum 2.4GHz DSMX® receiver featuring AS3X (Artificial Stabilization–3-aXis) technology that works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence. The result is a heightened sense of stability and precision that makes you feel like you’re flying a much larger, expertly tuned aircraft.
If this is your first model of its type, or you want an extra margin of safety while familiarizing yourself with the airplane, you can enable the optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection technology built into the receiver. No programming is required. Simply change up the binding sequence as directed in the manual.
With SAFE Select enabled, you get:
Pitch and Bank Angle Limits
- These envelope limits keep the airplane from rolling or pitching upside down. They also prevent excessive climb or dive angles.
- The airplane instantly returns to and holds level flight when the sticks are released and in the center position. It’s also helpful for keeping the wings level during takeoffs/launches and landings.
Easy Switch Assignment—No Complex Programming Required
- The simple procedure for assigning a transmitter switch to turn SAFE Select features on and off doesn’t require any complex programming and takes just a few seconds.
If you don’t want to enable the SAFE Select features, just bind the receiver normally and it will function like a standard AS3X receiver.
Beechcraft D18, emblems, logos, and body designs are trademarks of Textron Aviation Inc. and are used under license by Horizon Hobby LLC.
|Recommended Motor Battery
|3S – 4S 3200mAh+ LiPo with EC3™ or IC3® Connector
|Minimum Required Radio
|Full-Range 6–7+ Channel DSMX®/DSM2® (sold separately)